WMSN 2016 COLLEGE HOOPS BRACKET CHALLENGE
LOCAL ROUND PRIZE AND GRAND PRIZE
UPICKEM BASKETBALL ROUND BY ROUND – LOCAL RULES SUPPLEMENT
Contest: Monks Bar and Grill 2016 College Hoops Bracket Challenge
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WMSN
Station Address: 7847 Big Sky Dr., Madison WI 53719
Contest Area: Juneau, Marquette, Rock, Green, Lafayette, Grant, Richland, Sauk, Columbia, Dane, Iowa, Jo Daviess, Winnebago and Stephenson
Age of Eligibility: 18
Sponsor: Monk's Bar and Grill
Prize Provider: Monk's Bar and Grill
Contest Period: March 11, 2016 to April 4, 2016. (Registration begins March 11, 2016, but the brackets will be populated with teams and open for predictions no later than 8:00PM EST on March 13, 2016.)
Round-by-Round Predictions Due: Fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start time of each game.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per UPICKEM account.
Number of Round Winners Based on Scoring Results: Six (6)
Total Number of Winners: Six (6) Round Winners and one (1) Grand Prize Winner
Prizes and Values: Each Round Winner will receive the prize listed below for the corresponding Round in which entrant was selected as a winner:
Round 1 Prize - One (1) $20 Monk's Bar and Grill Gift Certificate. Total approximate retail value of Round 1 Prize is $20.00.
Round 2 Prize - One (1) $25 Monk's Bar and Grill Gift Certificate. Total approximate retail value of Round 2 Prize is $25.00.
Round 3 Prize - One (1) $50 Monk's Bar and Grill Gift Certificate. Total approximate retail value of Round 3 Prize is $50.00.
Round 4 Prize - One (1) $75 Monk's Bar and Grill Gift Certificate. Total approximate retail value of Round 4 Prize is $75.00.
Round 5 Prize - One (1) $100 Monk's Bar and Grill Gift Certificate. Total approximate retail value of Round 5 Prize is $100.00.
Round 6 Prize - One (1) $150 Monk's Bar and Grill Gift Certificate. Total approximate retail value of Round 6 Prize is $150.00.
Grand Prize – Grand Prize Winner will receive lunch for one (1) year at Monk's Bar and Grill which includes one (1) lunch (up to a $10.00 value) per week for twelve (12) months. Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is $520.00.
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/foxmadison/
Station’s Website: http://www.fox47.com/
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://www.fox47.com/sections/station/legal/terms.shtml
UPICKEM’s National Official Contest Rules: http://ssm.collegehoops.upickem.net/collegebasketball/misc/rules.asp
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
UPICKEM is a national online game being sponsored and promoted by Second Street Media, Inc. dba UPICKEM (hereafter, “UPICKEM”) and a number of television stations located in different cities (please review UPICKEM’s Official National Contest Rules). In addition to the national game conducted by UPICKEM, the Station will have a single weekly Round winner and a single Grand Prize winner from among eligible participants who reside in the Contest Area and enter via the Station’s Website or the Station’s Facebook Page.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, participants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
How to Participate
1. To enter, log on to the Station’s Website, or Facebook users can log on to the Station’s Facebook Page, and click on the Contest section to access the Contest entry page. Register for this contest by entering your name, address, phone number and birth date, together with responses to any informational questions included in the registration process.
2. Registered participants will need to log on to predict the winner of each Men’s College Basketball Tournament game, as well as determine the total points scored in a game chosen by UPICKEM. Brackets will be populated with teams and open for predictions no later than 8:00PM EDT on March 13, 2016. Predictions for each basketball round (individually, a “Round”) must be made no later than fifteen (15) minutes prior to the start of each game. The dates for each round of basketball games are listed below:
First Round: March 17, 2016 to March 18, 2016
Second Round: March 19, 2016 to March 20, 2016
Third Round: March 24, 2016 to March 25, 2016
Fourth Round: March 26, 2016 to March 27, 2016
Fifth Round: April 2, 2016
Sixth Round: April 4, 2016
3. A participant will be disqualified if they are found to have entered the contest more than once under separate e-mail accounts.
Scoring and Winning
1. Following the final game played each Round during the Contest Period, participants will receive a pre-determined number of points for each correct prediction. All participants will be treated as having correctly predicted the winner of games ending in a tie. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, then that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist.
2. Points will be awarded after each Round for the Round prize. The Number of Round Winners Based on Scoring Results for such Round will receive a prize and points will accumulate over the Contest Period for the Grand Prize as further described below. In the event a participant does not participate one game, the most picked team will be picked for participant. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the tie breaking procedures described in UPICKEM’s Official National Contest Rules.
3. At the end of the Contest Period, the one (1) participant with the most points accumulated for the entire Contest Period will win the Grand Prize. In the event of a tie, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be determined by UPICKEM’s tie breaking procedures described in UPICKEM’s Official National Contest Rules.
4. Only one (1) Round Prize will be awarded per household during the Contest Period. A Round Prize winner is eligible to be the Grand Prize winner.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible participants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. In the event a participant in the contest disputes the points that such participant receives for any week of the contest, that participant must notify the Company in writing of such dispute within five (5) days of the Company declaring the results for such week. The failure to notify the Company within such five (5) day period shall constitute the agreement of the participant that the determination of participant’s points by The Company is accurate and participant shall be deemed to have the number of points determined by the Company even if such determination was in error. Notifications to the Company may be done by clicking on the support tab and then clicking on contact us.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner with the next highest score. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, participants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Participants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize participant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that participant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of The Company or any sponsor, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether Maryland or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction other than Maryland. The invalidity of unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as of the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. All claims relating to the contest must be brought in the federal or state courts located in Baltimore County, Maryland, which shall have the exclusive jurisdiction and venue over such claims.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any participant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
SECOND STREET MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
These Official Rules are for the Second Street Men's College Basketball Tournament Contest (the "Contest"), which is a nationwide contest (including both the United States and Canada) Sponsored by Second Street Media Inc. ("Sponsor"). Local affiliates who choose to participate in this Contest may offer prizes for their participants only, but eligibility for those prizes may be restricted to individuals in the affiliate's local area.
This Contest is not intended to be used for gambling purposes. If it is determined that a participant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified.
This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 states of United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older, and legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are of legal age of majority in their province of residence, at the time of entry. Local affiliates may restrict eligibility for affiliate prizes; eligibility for local affiliate prizes will be posted on the local affiliate's website. Employees of Sponsor and participating affiliates (the "Promotion Parties"), and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouse) and households of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win a prize. This contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
HOW TO PLAY:
In the "Round by Round" Game you pick the winners for each round of the tournament prior to the start of each game.
Select the team that you predict will win each game of the Men's College Basketball Tournament and enter the score for the designated tie-breaker game round by round. You may enter your picks for a round until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. You must select a winner for each game of the round or the computer will select the team chosen by the most fans for you. Limit one (1) entry per person.
The participant who picks the most correct games in each round will be declared will be deemed the round winner, subject to verification. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist. In the event of a tie for any prize, the "Score Approximation Formula" described below will be applied to determine the winner of the prize. If there is still a tie, the computer picks a random winner from the tied players.
In the event of a tie for the highest overall score, the computer takes those tied participants and applies the "Score Approximation Formula" outlined below to determine the Grand Prize winner.
Score Approximation Formula:
- Subtract what the participant chose as the score for the winning team from the actual winning team's score and square this value.
- Subtract what the participant chose as the score for the losing team from the actual losing team's score and squares this value.
- Add the value from 1 and 2 above together to get the participant's "score approximation".
The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner.
If there are still ties for the highest overall score, the ties will be broken based on the following criteria in this order:
- The most points earned in the Fifth Round.
- The most points earned in the Fourth Round.
- The most points earned in the Third Round.
- The most points earned in the Second Round.
- The most points earned in the First Round.
- If there is still a tie the computer picks a random winner from the tied players.
Winners will be notified by email. All posted results are unofficial until winners are verified. If a winner does not respond within seven (7) days of the initial notification email, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest scoring participant. Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
- The winner of each round receives a college basketball themed Fathead wall covering sponsored by Fathead, valued at approximately $99.
- The overall winner receives a college basketball themed Fathead wall covering sponsored by Fathead, valued at approximately $99, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, valued at $249.
National Bonus Prizes
- One (1) $1,000,000 cash annuity prize* will be awarded if a participant correctly picks all 63 games correctly. If more than one participant correctly picks all 63 games correctly, the $1,000,000 cash prize will be evenly divided and distributed among all participants who correctly picked all 63 games.
- Up to three (3) $10,000 cash prizes will be awarded to participants who pick 61 or 62 games correctly. If there are more than three participants who correctly pick 61 or 62 game, the three $10,000 cash prizes ($30,000) will be evenly divided and distributed among all participants who correctly picked 61 or 62 games.
- Up to five (5) $1,000 cash prizes will be awarded to participants who pick 60 games correctly. If there are more than five participants who correctly pick 60 games, the five $1,000 cash prizes ($5,000) will be evenly divided and distributed among all participants who correctly picked 60 games.
Each participant can only win one of these cash prizes. So, for example, a participant who correctly picks all 63 games would receive the $1,000,000 cash prize, but not a $10,000 cash prize a or $1,000 cash prize, and a participant who correctly picks 61 or 62 games would receive the $10,000 cash prize, but not a $1,000 cash prize. These prizes will not be awarded unless someone correctly picks the required number of games. Determination of cash prize winners, verification of eligibility, and compliance with these rules will be conducted by SCA Promotions, Inc., whose decision will be final. If won, the $1,000,000 prize will be awarded as an annuity.
*If won, the $1,000,000 prize will be awarded as an annuity.
Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest.
The Promotion Parties reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Promotion Parties have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are provided only by the manufacturer, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and may be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold prizes until completed form W-9 is received.
A participant grants to Sponsor and its affiliates the right to use and publish his/her proper name and state/province or residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. By accepting a prize, a winner grants Sponsor the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation. Participants agree (a) to release and hold Sponsor, Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest; (b) that under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for any punitive, incidental or consequential damages; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, unintelligible, returned, undelivered entries or email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website, or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website's terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like methods of play will void all such plays, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her submissions) who tampers with the submission process. Neither Sponsor nor Promotion Parties are responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or Contest plays, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
For a list of national winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Second Street Media, Inc., 1017 Olive Street, Mezzanine Level, St. Louis, MO, 63101, Attn: Men's College Basketball Tournament Contest Winners List. Requests must be received by June 30, 2016.
This contest is sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc., 1017 Olive Street, Mezzanine Level, St. Louis, MO, 63101.
© 2016 Second Street Media, Inc.
The content, information, data, designs and code associated with the Contest website are protected by intellectual property and other laws. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.